7/16/2010

7 Links you must see on Safe'n'Dry Basement Blog

I was challenged, as where many other people, by the writer of ProBlogger.net to come up with 7 links to other posts on my blog. Following his format, I’ve put together this post to help guide you through other parts of my blog, hopefully to things you haven’t read already.

1.) My first Post: When I first started blogging for Pioneer Basement and Grate Products, I did what any normal person might do when meeting someone for the first time: I Introduced myself in First things First! Looking at it now, wasn't the best thing I ever hit "publish" for, but at least I can laugh at it.

2.) A post I enjoyed writing the most: A post series (2 parts) that I really enjoyed doing was a review of a friend’s basement. He was in the process of buying his first home and decided to send me pictures. I reviewed what I could see and sent him the results but also shared them with you: Friends Basement Inspection. My take on the Images pt1.


3.) A post with a great discussion: As most readers simply are looking for information pertaining to basement waterproofing or foundation repair, I sadly don’t generate a ton of comments (unless they’re other companies spamming my comment section). However the post with the most comments so far was Water Coming in through Foundation of House which, after writing, I found out that many people have similar issues with water coming over the foundation.

4.) A post on someone else’s blog I wish I had written: In the time that I’ve been blogging about the basement health industry there has been one person who’s stood out in my eyes. Not only is he my boss, he’s the owner of Pioneer Basement, founder and inventor of the Grate Drain, and Pioneer of the basement waterproofing industry’s code of ethics. He wrote a post back in 2009 that I wish I had the guts to write. Entitled Basement Healthcare it brought about stark realizations to me about how I look at my health and what part my home plays in it.

5.) My most helpful post: So to take a non-biased look, I cracked open Google Analytics and took a peak at June 2010. Without a doubt my post Basement Dehumidifiers, Getting the jump on Humid Summer Weather was a hit. So looking at that I’d say it was my most helpful post for what many homeowners are dealing with now that summer is here.

6.) A post with a title I’m most proud of: Childproof Sump Pump Lids can save lives! - Difficult to open is a GOOD thing. After a tragic accident in Indiana, I needed to explain why our Grate Sumps were different and at the same time explain one of the benefits of their tricky lids.

7.) A post I wish more people read: Basement Mistakes pt 5 – Finishing a Basement with Organic Construction Materials was a post that I felt everyone needed to read. All too often homeowners let contractors install materials in their homes without a second thought. I wanted to shine light onto the topic and educate homeowners. This should be a Must Read on my site!

Hopefully you've found other posts on my blog that you had not seen/read before. Sharing information about basement waterproofing and foundation repair is something that I really enjoy doing and I hope that in the future you'll come back and recommend my blog, and my company, to your family members and friends.

Related Reading and Links
Read about the Top 6 Basement Mistakes that contractors and homeowners make. See what other readers have asked in Safe'n'Dry Basement Blog's Reader Questions Section
Ask Pioneer Basement a question Directly on Pioneer Basement's Help Forums!

No comments: