9/05/2008

The Dry Harp Spokeswomen; Thankful Letter to Pioneer Basement

June 6th, 2008

Dear Steve,

I would've emailed you, but I don't have your personal email address.

Anyway, I'm getting lots of amusing calls. Apparently "our" commercial is on again. One of my adult beginning harp students said, "I heard your voice on the radio, and I fully expected you to say, 'Keep your thumbs up,' but instead you were selling basements!"

A former friend from over 25 years ago heard the ad and through the grapevine got my phone number; so we've reconnected.

One of my orchestra managers called to let me know I could leave my harp at the concert hall overnight. He asked, "And is this the harp that never gets wet?"

I've enjoyed all the funny reactions. I hope you got some business out of it. I keep singing your praises to everyone.

So Again, I would be happy to do another ad with you. I would even bring my harp to the WBZ studio and play a few bars of "Singin' in the Rain” (your theme song when we call you and are put on-hold). Then I could say, "This is the famous harp that never got wet!" and/or whatever else you'd like me to say.

I still am thrilled about my dry basement. You did the work more than 2 years ago, and I haven't had a single drop of water down there - ever - during heavy rain downpours or snowstorms with the snow melting. I used to be afraid to go down there because I didn't know what I would see - puddles, a flood, all my books ruined, whatever - but now I skip down the cellar stairs with confidence, knowing my basement will be dry as a bone.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Best Wishes,
Judy R.

No comments: